Help me stock the Library14-10-2014 | 17:50:59 | 3 Comments

I need suggestions for the Library.  What would you recommend I buy for the Library, suitable for Year 5 and 6 girls, to go in the gold star section?  Give me the title and author and your reasons for recommending it.  Please don’t just say, ‘It’s really good!’.  Give us the flavour of the book, without giving away too much of the plot.  Remember it should be suitable for your age group and not be teenage fiction.  You will have 7 years to be a teenager….. so consider carefully whether the subject matter and language is suitable for 9 to 11 year olds.

3 Responses to “Help me stock the Library”

1. I suggest Roof Toppers. It is suitable for all ages. I enjoyed it so much I did it for my ESB.This book is about a young girl who went looking for her mother but everyone tells her that she died in the shipwreck and that she was the only one who survived. She goes to Paris and a boy sneaks into her hotel room. He lives on the roofs and they have lots of adventures and all his friends help her to find her mother.

2. Who wrote this, Grace?

3. I suggest Best Loved Celtic Fairy Tales by Neil Philip.It may say that they are fairy tales but they are far more entertaining that babyish stories that are classical fairy tales.The book contains a series of amazing Celtic stories.