Spelling tips?14-10-2014 | 18:05:07 | 3 Comments

We all have difficulty with spelling.  I was terrible at spelling as a child, so I can sympathise with those of you who find it a real challenge to get to grips with the many peculiar spellings in our English language.  I was very impressed with everyone managing to spell YACHT correctly in their compositions last week!  It’s not the most useful word to know how to spell – but one you have all conquered!

So what are your personal tips to help us all spell words correctly?  Our two words of the week are USUALLY and DEFINITELY.

Who can come up with ways of remembering these pesky spellings?

I remember ‘definitely‘ by reminding myself that it has the word ‘finite’ (meaning something that has a definite beginning and end) inside it.  Perhaps you have a better way?

Add your spelling tips for any other pesky, frequently used word and help out your classmates.

3 Responses to “Spelling tips?”

1. For usually remember that it has ‘ally’ at the end.
    Also for definitely remember 2is 2es 1t and split it up.

2. THE SPELLING TIP I FIND USEFUL IS FOR BECAUSE. BIG ELEPHANTS CAN ALWAYS UNDERSTAND SMALLER ELEPHANTS.IT SPELLS BECAUSE!

3. I find that the rule’i before e except after c.’ is useful.Of course there are exceptions such as the word ‘seized.’